It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. If you live in the Midwest, then you already have that beautiful dusting of white snow. With the overindulgence of Thanksgiving behind us, it is now time to prepare for office parties, cookie parties, and all-you-can drink parties through 2016.
Ugh. If you cannot stomach the thought of ringing in the New Year with another 5-10 pounds of holiday weight, read on. I could share the same ole boring tips you normally hear from other health coaches and fitness trainers. You know, stop eating dessert, hit the Frozen 5K, and start meditating…
Lucky for you, that’s not how I roll! Plus, a mom has to bake something over the holidays, and most of those low calorie options aren’t worth the parchment paper they are baked on.
Believe me, I’ve become a master baker, with every substitute trick in the book. Get some of my favorite recipes HERE.Ready to improve your health without sacrificing holiday fun? Read 10 stay healthy secrets for Christmas. Click To Tweet
- Before you cook it up in the kitchen, do some squats to get warmed up. You can also use those cranberry sauce or cream of chicken cans to work those biceps and triceps.
- Forget getting your husband’s help- do all your own heavy lifting of the big bird, side of ham, and big pots of food.
- Make sure to go outside and rake some leaves or shovel some snow with your children. You get extra credit for impromptu leaf or snow fights!
- Right after dinner, take a 15-minute walk outside. This will give you the energy to clean up!
- What is Christmas decorating without some music to get you moving? Pop those peppy tunes, and start a living room dance party with your kids. Don’t forget to YouTube the experience for posterity (psst! Share your video on my Facebook page)
- While waiting for holiday cookies to bake, do planks and superman on the floor. (don’t know how? Check out my Pinterest how-tos)
- If you have really little children, balance them on your feet and do leg presses. For older children, challenge them to a push-up or sit-up challenge. Laughs are guaranteed!
- Choose wine OR dessert, but never both.
- Walking in snow is even more magical, and provides more resistance.
- Join my Hot for the Holidays challenge! You can still catch up if you schedule a phone call now. This is a calorie-free, risk-free call to make sure the program is a good fit for you http://bit.ly/healthchat (P.S. Plus you’ll get the full program details)
There you have it. 10 ways to stay healthy and prevent that holiday weight gain. Time to go HIIT something and bake some cookies 🙂