Chris is the founder and owner of New Paradigm Fitness and Outdoor Fitness Clubs. Chris is a licensed K-12 PE teacher, certified Strength & Conditioning Coach, and also works with the Mystic Lake community as a Wellness Coordinator. His passion is to empower people with the benefits of life-long fitness habits. Chris was recognized in Edina magazine’s best-of issue in 2009 as Best Personal Trainer.
“I love to see folks who don’t regularly work out, become literally transformed by consistent exercise in their lives. I have seen regular exercise literally revolutionize the way people look and feel about themselves!”
Here are Chris’ Top 5 reasons why women especially benefit from strength training:
- Strength training increases bone density, which decreases your likelihood of getting osteoporosis. Women are more likely to get osteoporosis than men.
- Strength training can dramatically decrease the risk of these injuries by improving balance, strengthening your tendons, ligaments, muscles and bones. Women are more likely to get knee or ankle injuries than men.
- Strength training will increase your metabolism so even when you aren’t working out, you’ll be burning even more calories. Building muscle helps your burn more calories, even while sleeping!
- Strength training (at home or at the gym) just three days a week for 20-30 minutes can give you a much leaner, toner body.
- Regular strength training will make everyday life activities feel easier and decrease your chance of injuries while doing them.
And the number one reason ALL women should strength train…so they can come home to their man every night looking like “Starla!”
For more information on how to train with Chris, visit his website here.